Are you as a sales representative looking to keep track of work assignments for managing accounts and opportunities in Salesforce? Then what could be better than to set up sales territories for the team!
Territory Management in Salesforce is one of the most effective tools for revenue generation. It makes life easier for sales managers by streamlining the rep management and reporting processes.
Territory Management in Salesforce
Salesforce Territory Management is an account sharing system that grants access to accounts based on the characteristics of the accounts. With sales territories, it’s easy to keep track of which reps are assigned to which accounts and opportunities. Territory management allows you to manage complex sharing between accounts effectively.
Benefits of Territory Management
- Salesforce admins can set up and test territory models before implementing them.
- It’s easy to make assignments between territories, accounts, and opportunities.
- Reports help teams organize for optimal coverage and assess territory effectiveness.
- Enabling Territory Management in Salesforce helps you organize groups of accounts and the sales reps who work with those accounts. Also, you would be able to create territories based on territory types.
Steps to Enable Territory Management in Salesforce
- Create your territory hierarchy.
- Assign users to territories and create rules for account assignment.
- Preview your account assignments.
- Activate your territory model.
Elements of territory management
Territory types help you organize your territories based on geographic attributes, namely accounts, industries/verticals, or any other criteria that suits your organization. Every territory you create should have a territory type. Territory types are basically used for organizing and creating territories.
Territory Type Priority
Specifying territory type priority information helps you choose the appropriate territory type for territories that you want to create or edit. There are no predefined priority options, so you need to create your own priority scheme.
A territory model indicates a complete territory management system for your organization. Modeling enables you to build and preview multiple territory structures, different accounts, and user assignments before you activate the model.
The territory hierarchy defines a model’s territory structure and serves as its main point of interaction. You can start from the hierarchy to create, edit, and delete territories; run assignment rules for territories, and navigate to territory detail pages for more information.
Territory Model State
The territory model state represents whether a territory is in the planning stage, active use, or archived. You can have only one active territory model at a time but you can create and maintain multiple models in planning or archived state to use for additional modeling.
How can Territory Management Increase Your Sales?
- Save money and increase sales by optimizing resources – With sales territories, you can make sure you’re allocating your resources effectively.
- Increase customer satisfaction with effective customer service – Service territory management ensures that you have adequate resources to cover the number of customers in each region.
- Faster onboarding – With well-organized territories, it’s faster and easier to onboard new employees like sales reps. They can easily see who their clients and leads are and where they’re located.
Salesforce Territory Management allows Sales reps to create well-balanced and effective sales territories based on certain criteria. It provides the ability to create reports that can track the effectiveness of territories. Accounts can be assigned to territories, either manually or by setting the assignment rules.
The key benefits of Territory Management are increased sales with complex structure, generate category wise sales reports, transfer sales reps between territories, and evaluate sales performance with greater accuracy.