Enabling Forecast Steps
- Enable Allow Forecast on User Record.
- Make Forecast Tab Visible on the respective Profile.
- Enable Collaborative forecast for the Organization. Setup>> Customize >>Forecasts >>Settings
COLLABORATIVE Forecast or Simply FORECAST
- Collaborative Forecast allows users to track Quota attainment.
- Forecast categories allow you to group Opportunities together based upon Opportunity Stage.
- Administrator can enable up to 4 different types of forecasts for your organization simultaneously. Opportunities, Opportunity splits, or Product families
- Forecast manager can view the forecasts of all the users below them in the Forecast Hierarchy.
- Forecast managers with “Override forecast” Permission can adjust the forecast of direct subordinates.
- For best viewing results, keep the Tab Bar Organizerenabled when using Collaborative Forecasts.
- Access related forecast details, including who made adjustments and original forecast amounts, and adjust these details. If your organization has more than one type of forecast enabled, each forecast type maintains its own separate adjustments.
- Move up and down through the forecasts hierarchy easily if you’re a forecast manager.
- View revenue– or quantity-based forecasts.
- View forecasts in multiple currencies.
- Use Collaborative Forecasts reports.
- Include the opportunities of your partner portal users in your forecasts.
- For Collaborative Forecasts, historical trending comes with a new custom report type designed to highlight forecast changes between five snapshot dates,
- Quota Data: must be uploaded through the API using version 28.0 or later. Data Loader Tool
- Quota Data: Revenue and Quantity Quota Data must be loaded separately. Product family as well.
- Quota Data must be formatted (UserId, Quarter, Currency, Amount, Units) before its loaded.
- Customizable forecasting is a flexible solution for estimating how much revenue your organization can generate or how many items your organization can sell.
- With it, you can forecast on a monthly or quarterly basis, use different dates when applying amounts to forecasts, forecast based on revenue or quantity or both, and define additional quotas based on product families.
- Use customizable forecasts to review your forecast and drill down through your forecast amounts to see the opportunities included in your forecast.
- Override forecast amounts directly from the opportunity, or override the forecast from the Forecasts tab without notifying users below you in the forecast role hierarchy.
- To submit a forecast, making a snapshot of the forecast data available in the forecast history and forecast reports
- Click Forecast History to display the forecast data you submitted in the past.
- Review your forecast and the forecasts of any direct reports or forecasts that are manually shared with you.
- If your forecast is not available, contact your administrator about adding you to the forecast hierarchy (or the territory hierarchy, if your organization uses territory management).
- Customizable forecasting may be difficult to distinguish because the tab name does not change when you convert to customizable forecasting. If you see either the Introducing Customizable Forecasting or Request Now! buttons, you don’t have customizable forecasting.
- Defining Customizable Forecasting
- Forecast Data Aggregationdetermines the type of data that is displayed on forecasts Revenue, Quantity, Period, Opp Date, Forecast Type.
- Forecast Summary Default Viewdetermines the default product family, date start, date range, and forecast numbers for default forecasts.
- Forecast Data Sharingdetermines whether forecast data can be shared by Administrators or Managers.
Reporting with Historical trending can report upto a year back.
Historical trend reporting in Salesforce is not a replacement for a data warehouse.
Retaining historical data increases the amount of data you need to store.
Consider which fields contain historical data that your users will want to analyze, and which fields contain data you can leave out.
You can narrow down historical data for Opportunities, Cases, and custom objects. For Forecasting Items, the available data is selected for you.
For Opportunities reporting, five fields are preselected: Amount, Close Date, Forecast Category, Probability, and Stage. You can add three more.
For Forecasting, all eight available fields are pre-selected.
After you enable historical trending, a new custom report type is available for users to choose when they create a new report. If you enable historical trending on a new field, that field is automatically added to the historical trending report layout.
- You can make up to three months of data available for historical trend reporting.
- Up to 5 million rows of historical trending data can be stored for each object.
- Each historical trend report can contain up to 100 fields.
- You can specify up to five historical snapshot dates in each historical trend report.
- You can use up to four historical filters on each historical trend report.
- These field types are supported: Number, Currency, Date, Picklist.
- The Report Wizard is not supported. Historical trend reports can only be created with the Report Builder.
Turn off historical trending.
- When you turn off historical trending for a field, that field’s historical data is deleted.
- When you turn off historical trending for an object, all historical data and configuration settings are deleted for that object, including the object’s historical trending report type and any reports that have been created with it.
- When you turn off historical trending for a field, and then delete that field, the field’s historical data will not be available if historical trending is enabled again.
COLLABORATIVE vs CUSTOMIZATION Forecast
|Customization Forecasts||Common Features||Collaborative Forecasts|
|Custom Fiscal Years||Sortable Opportunities List on Forecast Page||Chat in Real Time|
|Opportunity-level Adjustments||API Access||Default Forecast Currency Setting|
|Product Schedule Forecasts||Automatic Roll ups||Expand Forecast Tables|
|Share Forecasts||Reports and Dashboards||Opportunity List Filters and Sort|
|Snapshots and Forecast History||Revenue Forecasts||Opportunity Splits Forecasts|
|Submit Forecasts||Quotas||Rename Categories|
|Territory Management||Quantity Forecasts|
|Override (Adjust) Forecasts|
|Product Family Forecasts|
|Individual User controlled Forecast Range Selection|
|Map Forecast Categories to Opportunity Stages*|
|Multiple Currency Support|